Dream Team

 In 2020, I was thrilled when Sharda recruited my former co-worker (and now close friend) Sunita into Radiation Oncology. Sunita would work in a leadership role with a Human Resources focus. Knowing Sunita’s brilliance in understanding data and systems from an organizational workflow perspective, I knew that the addition of Sunita would complete our dream team. 

It’s hard to describe the resulting magic when the three of us began working together. During covid, we started our routine of meeting virtually via Microsoft Teams for Daily Briefings.  During these meetings, I demonstrate new developments I have made to our applications and receive instant feedback from Sunita and Sharda’s perspectives.  
 



One way I like to illustrate how we work together is with the Blind Man and Elephant parable:  
a group of blind men who have never come across an elephant before and who learn and imagine what the elephant is like by touching it. Each blind man feels a different part of the elephant's body, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then describe the elephant based on their limited experience and their descriptions of the elephant are different from each other. 



Our morning meetings very often go something like this: 

How I was seeing the "elephant"

Alyssa: “Check out this cool thing I built using Microsoft Lists and automation. When users go in to look at the list, they can see the exact statuses of everything.” 
 


 

Sunita knew users would require a view like this

Sunita: “Is this tool going to be one more place the team has to data enter items? Do we have another point to manage our workflow? The team won’t know what to do with it. The technology needs to align actions with the group/person responsible. Reminders? Assisting with workflow management?"

 



What Sharda required for meetings with leadership

Sharda: “Ok... but I need to see it as a meaningful dashboard, so I understand what is really going on and present at meetings 
 






Please read the next chapter of my blog: Microsoft Power Platform


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early years 1978-1984

College and Early Career 1984-1993

Future Directions